Tuesday 7 December 2010

Evaluation of Skills Developed

Overall i feel that the first and second attempt of filiming i have learnt a great amount in which i will use to continue to progress my knowldge in the subject. I feel that as a group we worked incredibly well and we were very organised in our filming and set design.

Throughout the preliminary task i have progressed skills that i already have and have also found new skills in which i have learnt from the task so far. The key areas in which i have developed are;

Technical Skills - I have developed a vast amount in this area, as i have had no experience in filming i was able to learn a lot from my first pre liminary task. I learnt how to position the camera for the most effective angle for our shots throughout our filming.

Creative Skills - I also developed my Creative skills a substantial amount, i was able to create the scene and setting so that the viewer can see clearly what enviroment we are trying to create. Another way in which i improved my creative skills is the editing of the film, as a group we was able to choose what we wanted to be in our production and what we did not want. The music we added gave the intetnsity to the overall production which makes the filim a great deal more dramatic.

Personal Skills - Just from completing the preliminary task i have improved my media and technological knowledge a huge amount. I have learnt how to use the handheld camera and also i have lernt how to edit a shot on a computer. Other things i have learnt from the pre-lim task are how to stick to the role of thirds and continuity. The main problem we occured was that in our first attempt we did not enforce the usage of shot-reverse-shot, we was able to correct this with a second shooting and we learnt from our mistakes very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment